4D/3N Komodo Liveaboard Tuesday departure (10 dives plus dragon visit)
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: Labuan Bajo, Flores
- Product code: LOB3TUE
Komodo National Park is Home to One of The Best Dive Sites in the World! Join our Friendly Crew to Explore Komodo on Land and Under Water!
The Komodo National Park is famous for its currents, fantastic coral life and lots of fish! We choose the best dive sites depending on experience levels, weather, currents (moon phase), sightings and previous dive days. Because of the diversity of the area and the currents, we cannot offer specific dive sites, but we can offer safe diving and good times!
We also make plenty of time for non-diving activities, ranging from a small hike on one of the islands for a beautiful sunset to beach and reef clean-ups. Plus there is a kayak and a stand-up- paddle board on board as well for when the boat is moored up.
Our Boat: Komodo Shalom
To be on the safe side: Komodo Shalom is not a luxury boat and we don't offer luxury trips. She is, however, a very comfortable, seasoned veteran traveling the Indonesian waters since 2005, with an excellent crew on board.
She is the newest member of the Wicked fleet (operating since the start of September 2018). She is very strong, capable and designed to explore the world around us. She features all safety related items for operating in remote areas.
Not too fancy, not too cheap….just right!
The boat offers a sun deck, a shaded dining area where you can help yourself to tea, coffee, water, electrolyte drinks and fresh fruit which is always available.
The boat holds a maximum of 16 guests, and we keep the dive groups small, we have a maximum of 4 divers per divemaster.
Accommodation on board:
There are 4 cabins with 2 berths (bunk beds) and one cabin with 8 berths (bunk beds) on board. The rooms are generally shared between males and females (we will try to divide, but cannot guarantee).
There are 3 shared bathrooms with warm water showers on board plus outdoor fresh water showers on deck.
Each bed is designed with a power outlet, LED reading lamp and privacy curtain. All cabins have air conditioning units and a sea view window. Each cabin has 220v plug sockets, so you can charge your battery packs.
Accommodation Options & Prices:
- 4 Days / 3 Nights, 2 berth cabin for USD 832 per person
- 4 Days / 3 Nights, 8 berth cabin for USD 728 per person
Included on the 4D/3N trip (departing on Saturdays Centre and North of the Komodo National Park)
- 10 Dives and dragon trek
- Dive Guide
- Shared Accommodation
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Buffet style
- Juice (Breakfast Only), Water, Tea & Coffee
- Beach Visit
- Entrance Fee and Guide fee to Rinca National Park
- Rental of full equipment including dive computer. (70 USD pp for the trip)
- Flight and hotels
- Beers and soft drinks (can be purchased on board)
- Airport transfers
- Hotel transfers
- Park fees
- Camera fee at dragon trek (50,000 IDR / camera)
- Dive and travel insurance
*** Park fees are momentarily 175,000 IDR per person per day Mon-Sat and 250,000 IDR on Sun and Public Holidays. Besides that as of the 15th of October 2018, every guest has to pay a one time 100,000 IDR to the local government.
Some further information
Please be aware that we are operating in a relatively remote area, so there's a limitation on getting in special supplies. We can respect dietary requirements to a certain extend, and our cook will do his utmost best to meet these request (gluten free, vegetarian and to an extend vegan for example are generally no problem), but due to the remote areas of these trips they can not always be met.
If somebody suffers from severe allergies or medical conditions, we must strongly urge you to reconsider coming to Labuan Bajo. The medical facilities are minimal and evacuation to the nearest more advanced hospital (Bali) can take 12-24 hours in good conditions. Please also have a look at: Health and Medical
Last but not least, we require you to have dive and travel insurance with evacuation coverage, there are many different ones to choose from, more information can be found here: Insurance.
Give Back When You Book With Us...
Wicked Diving Indonesia actively sponsors a number of projects through dedicating time and financial support. We give 2% of all our revenue to help our local communities and ecosystems. This helps to support our non-profit foundation, Wicked Good Foundation, through which we actively teach in the local schools about conservation, the marine environment, and job skills. Each year we teach a group of interns from these communities to become dive guides and eventually instructors on our Komodo liveaboard. As of our environmental steps:
- We have managed to reduce our plastic usage, by communicating with our suppliers, and providing reusable solutions.
- Wicked Diving has been one of the instigators to set up and organize a recycling station in Labuan Bajo Flores.
- Our daily products on the Liveaboard, is all local produce
- We have had the honor to be awarded by WWF with three Starfish, in their rating for Sustainable Tourism.
- We don't, and so far never have in all our years operating, served fish on board our trips (we simply don't want to promote the unsustainable fishing practices surrounding us). There's plenty of delicious meat and vegetable options to keep you well fed.
- And in 2019 we pledge to be the first Liveaboard company in Asia to go 100% Reef Safe by providing reef safe sunscreen lotion free of charge on our liveaboard
This is all due to our guests joining us and our agents promoting us. If you choose us, you will also be supporting these beneficial programs and for that, we are enormously grateful!
In short: Wicked Diving is a small, ethically operated dive center. From our base in Indonesia, we are trying very hard to change the world...one dive at a time. Will you join us?